Best personal noise protection

I already use ear soft insert (SNR=36) WITH muffler Peltor Optime 3 (SNR=35),to protect from strong sudden impact noise come from upstairs. What better to do for sleeping at least? What about a insulated box? Thanks!!

Reply to
ant

Dear ant:

I use a box fan, and let it blow either across the bed, or elsewhere. This provides a nice white noise source, and the neighbors can do what they need to. The sound can be quite soothing...

You'd need ventillation, and many insulators contain formaldehyde (among other things). No need to inflame allergies too...

Learn to live with noise. Or move out to where the noises are animal (aka different) noises.

David A. Smith

Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)

"N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)" wrote .

Have you tried the soft plastic ear plugs that one can get from some airlines during flights, or buy from airport shops ? They have been useful to help me sleep on very long distance flights. You need to put them on properly to make them effective. They can be reused if you keep them clean.

There is no doubt if you can, moving to a quiet neighbourhood or out in the country is the best solution.

John

Reply to
John C

Ask this to any of the rec.music.xxxx.xxxx newgroups. Sound proofing and hearing protection is a very big issue amongst of musicians. Also, the audio recording newgroups would be helpful as well.

best of luck

\\paul

Reply to
Paul Hobson