bolts in flanges

Hy,

I'm from germany and I have to use an American Code for the first time to calculate some bolts for a machine.

It is a large pump, but we don't have to proove the integrity because of the pressure. It should be an analysis for the foundation bolts and a lot of screws, that connect different parts of the machine.

The foundation bolts are prooven with UBC. For the other bolts in the machine, UBC is not the correct code (I learned this in sci.engr.civil).

Is it correct, to do the calculation with LRFD of AISC (J3.6) and can I use for this the load combinations for strength design of UBC (1612.2) , including earthquake ?

In AISC J3.6 only tension and shear must be calculated. There is no "combined tension and shear" as for example in UBC 1923.3.4 ?

And a last question: what is a bearing-type connection (AISC J3.7) ?????? (here I find combined tension and shear..)

Thanks for your help chris

Reply to
chris_baldacci