Computing drivetrain Transmission Losses

Hi,

I have used Coast Down tests to evaluate CdA for a bunch of cars. I perform data acquisition while the car slow down and use these datas to feed a computer program. I have use the javascript behind

make my function.

I'm rather happy with the results. Now i'm wondering, if there is a mean to measure the transmission losses (in %) of the drivetrain, using kind of coast down test, but with a gear engaged ? In fact, it will be interesting to know this factor, in order to compute flywheel horsepower and not only wheel horsepower. A lot of Power/Torque evaluating software ask for a percentage of transmissions losses, but it varies from a car to another, and car manufacturers don't communicate it easily.

Sorry for my bad english, i'm not so used to use it :)

Thanks for your help...

Cedric

Reply to
Cedric