Cordless Screwdriver/Drills

I work in a mechanical assembly environment and need to spec out some tools for assembly work. To save myself some time, I'm hoping that someone may have gone thru some kind of evaluation of sorts.

I need to find some cordless screwdrivers with adjustable clutches for small fasteners (#6 thru #8) which will need to be tightened to no more than 20in.-lbs.

My questions are with regards to commercially avalable drivers made by DeWalt, Makita, etc.:

  1. How repeatable from fastener to fastener are these tools?
  2. How repeatable are they from tool to tool? In other words, will the setting of "5" on one tool provide the same torque as "5" on another tool?

My opinion (not based on any data) is that commercially available tools are pretty much all over the place with regards to repeatabilty.

TIA

Reply to
paulo57509

Your question should be "how repeatable are the fasteners"

If torque is a critical operation then your tools should be individually calibrated.

Can you use air tools in place of "commercial" cordless tools? And are you comparing "consumer grade" versus "industrial grade" tools?

Reply to
Nottingham