exhaust gas silencers

Hello,

I write my B.sc thesis at the moment. My job is to collect information required in order to design silencers for big dieselengines such as ship-, powerplant engines.

My questions is: Are there any good internet sites regarding exhaust noise attenuation in ships? Of course if anyone know something you can answer here too. I would especially appreciate information on spark arrestors and different design solutions. How about acoustics and flowdynamics software in this issue?

I have good books here but in them I have'nt find anything regarding spark arresting and manufacturers solutions. As you know the silencer manufacturers are not willing to give any detailed information. Thank you very much in advance! BR. Leif Larson / student in mech.eng.

Reply to
Leif Larson