Elevators

I first want to say high cause i'm new here...

anyways for my last year of school I need to recreate a simulation of an elevator with everything on it and make a book report about it, now Ive been looking on each corner of the internet and always get negative result. So that's why I came here and wanting to ask you guys to post ANYTHING/EVERYTHING that has to do with elevators. Mechanics parts,electric drawings,technical drawings,history,differnt kinds of elevators...basiclly everthing that can make this project possible.So please help me out guy and thank you SOOOO much in advance

*-----------------------* Posted at:
*-----------------------*
Reply to
N-J

If you are serious about this project I suggest you contact the maintenance department of some local building that has elevators. They have documents that will help. They can tell you who engineered the elevator. Contact elevator manufacturers directly for information. Some can be very helpful especially if you are upfront with them. Years ago I contacted a manufacturer of bowling alleys. They gave me arrangement drawings and other documents for my paper.

Jim Y

Reply to
Jim Y

department of some local

tell you who engineered

can be very helpful

of bowling alleys.

It's good advice. Someone else mentioned Otis. I'll add Thyssen-Krupp to that. I know they use (or have used) SolidWorks for their design work, so they have 3D documentation that can be imported into almost any other 3D application. SolidWorks outputs IGES, STEP, ACIS, Parasolid, and even 3D DXF (the latter via a free plug-in). It's probably a long shot, and you would almost certainly have to sign a non-disclosure agreement with them if they were to give you data, but go back in comp.cad.solidworks archives (via groups.google.com) and search for Thyssen. Someone who used to post there used to work for them. It has been quite a while, however -- several years at least. I don't think they still work for T-K (I seem to remember talk of a big layoff), but they may still post in the newsgroup, and if you can email them you may be able to get a contact name at T-K.

Mark 'Sporky' Stapleton Watermark Design, LLC

Sporkman