laws for engineers us/canada?

I'm thinking of moving to Vancouver BC area shortly after I graduate and take the FE. Are there restrictions or a lack of acceptance in Canada for US engineering degrees, does anyone know? If it would simply be a matter of a Canadian test as well as a US one, that's fine, but I don't want to be suprised, and didn't have much luck comparing the two country's laws re. engineers online. -karinne

Reply to
k.Wallace

To practice in any province you will need that province's licence which means membership of their engineering association. I think you will find that the well recognised universities' degrees are accepted here in Canada.

I guess you are at Oregon State at the moment?

Reply to
Rusty

yep, & really liking it. I want very much to stay in the pacific northwest-like area, been to BC and fell in love with it a few years back. Not sure what you mean by 'membership in their engineering association'- do you mean like pass the canadian version of the FE, or something else? thanks, karinne

Reply to
k.Wallace

you have to apply with these guys to practice engineering in BC.

If you are straight from university, and no experience, you'll need to work under a professional engineer that is registered.

Reply to
Freak