Need an advice pneumatics

Hello.

I need to implement the following functionality:

A small volume tank 0.2 L slowly fills by leak from high-pressure source when the pressure in the tank reaches krack treshold of 2-3 ATA, a valve opens and exhausts it into the athmosphere untill the pressure in the tank is close to athmospheric pressure. I need it to exhaust very fast (very high flow rate)

Is there any standard air valve which can do such function?

Reply to
Eli

Dear Eli:

Use a sequence valve to set the "threshold" pressure, have it pilot open a simple 2-way valve. You can bleed some air out of the pilot circuit to allow the cycle to repeat.

David A. Smith

Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)

"N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\)" wrote in news:4mdeh.86951 $ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe11.phx:

That's the good mechanical method, simple, eazy-smeazy. Another method is an electrical differential pressure switch and a spring-return valve.

Reply to
Anthony

Dear Anthony:

Well, yea! This is a mechanical newsgroup after all...

A standard "pop off valve" would work all on its own, as long as the OP didn't need cycling... They relieve at pressure setting, and never close unless manually reset (or are replaced).

David A. Smith

Reply to
N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc)