Noise Is 3 Orders of Magnitude Greater Than A Wave Form

Yeah, but... this is the leadin to a discussion of Laplace's demon. The signal isn't destroyed, but its information content can easily be made VERY hard to find. Since the uncertainty principle became established, we've been really clear that information in a signal can become meaningless added to thermal noise.

A whisper doesn't carry far, we all know. The reason, is that without the low frequency part of our voices (the formants), the rest of vocalization is such broadband high frequencies that thermal noise in the atmosphere masks it. Yesterday's whisper is no longer audible.

Reply to
whit3rd

Even Bozo the Clown could be sensible when he wasn't performing in front of an audience.

Androcles

Fundamentally, I have a major problem with the discussion. and its not the fact that people are fishing their lines of pursuit, which miss the fundamental.

The info was NEVER posted.

And Jon, your earlier post-given freely had a portion copy of my work pre-last semester which I did give freely. And I already gave you a consideration.

Reply to
Ace0f_5pades

As long as the medium is linear, this makes no difference. There's nothing special about the zero crossings.

Reply to
greg

Can you have the same resonance as the original signal?

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

I saw something that _might_ be similar/analogous in an old patent.

The inventor was using the resonant frequency of the modulating wave to increase S/N. This is not directly possible with conventional AM.

I was considering the same approach so it may be the same thing.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill