rotary actuators problem

Hello All,

I'm looking for a way to rotate a table in 90 degree increments (accurately) but only on one direction. i.e. so each rotation will be +90 degrees.

Any ideas?

TIA, Darryl

Reply to
DG

Sure - the simple solution is using a cantered pivot and have a circular spindle with location "V" slots at 90deg intervals (4 quadrant points) and a spring loaded pin (v-point) attached to the frame to inhibit movement at these quadrant points. Anti-reversal is easily accomplished by a wipe brake using the spindle and attached to the frame. The degree of accuracy is dependent upon the sharpness of the v-point pin, the sharpness and matching of the v-slots on the spindle, and the spindle diameter. There are of course a number of other ways of delivering similar results and to design a specific solution for your situation would require details including sizes, load bearing requirement, aspect, environment (hazards), drive system, purpose, etc.

Reply to
New Directions In Building Services (Australia)

"DG" wrote

Sounds like a great application for a "Geneva mechanism". Or am I missing something?

-- TP

Reply to
tonyp

I was kind of thinking along the lines of some sort of ratchet device driven by an air cylinder. Seem to be plenty of ratchet/pawls on the market but don't seem to see any assemblies pre-made. suggestions?

Reply to
DG

the table needs to stop at the 90 degree increments for different time lengths

Reply to
DG

The input to the indexers can be set up to index on demand.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

The Geneva Cross mechanism gives 90 deg increments of a driven wheel for each revolution of the driver wheel.

Brian Whatcott altus OK

Reply to
Brian Whatcott

Right on, TP! a "Geneva" it is.

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

go to

and look for a "pneumatic indexing table"

If you are still standing after you find out the price, go ahead and buy it knowing that it is some of the best quality industrial equipment you can buy.

Reply to
Tom Miller

I don't know if this is a garage type project or a project you're willing to throw a good deal of money at, however if the application requires good control of acceleration and velocity profiles, AND overall quality matters then you should consider visiting

Be warned however that these indexers are not inexpensive.

Reply to
Anthony Garcia