No, I do not have a cold saw, but an acquaintaince of mine does. This
is a Dake cold saw. My own participation was making a base on casters for
this cold saw.
It has a coolant pump that is driven by the main motor shaft. The
problem was that the pump was not pumping.
The following observations were made.
0. This is a 3 phase saw.
1. Today was the first time the saw was started after ebay purchase
2. It was initially wired incorrectly so that the blade rotated
backwards (local wiring problem).
3. Despite that, there was healthy coolant flow.
4. The saw was rewired to rotate properly
5. The saw cuts well after reversing
6. There no cooland flow any more and the little pump does not pump
anything, maybe 1 cubic centimeter per minute or some other
ridiculously small amount
Any idea what could possibly be wrong?
Besides that, it was a day of fine 7018 welding and some fun
fabrication and algebra.
14 years ago