No, I do not have a cold saw, but an acquaintaince of mine does. This is a Dake cold saw. My own participation was making a base on casters for this cold saw.
It has a coolant pump that is driven by the main motor shaft. The problem was that the pump was not pumping.
The following observations were made.
- This is a 3 phase saw.
- Today was the first time the saw was started after ebay purchase
- It was initially wired incorrectly so that the blade rotated backwards (local wiring problem).
- Despite that, there was healthy coolant flow.
- The saw was rewired to rotate properly
- The saw cuts well after reversing
- There no cooland flow any more and the little pump does not pump anything, maybe 1 cubic centimeter per minute or some other ridiculously small amount
Any idea what could possibly be wrong?
Besides that, it was a day of fine 7018 welding and some fun fabrication and algebra.