Interesting cold saw problem

Did you see Jim Chandler's, Wes's, Up North's, Bruce Bergman's and Grumpy's response, Iggy?
You can probably remove the junk that is now holding the pump's check valve open and all will be well.
This means disassembly so take steps to catch rocketing parts.
--Winston
Reply to
Winston
yes.
Good points. I will mention it to the pump's owner.
Reply to
Ignoramus27711
But that depends on the application. In some applications, machines can be destroyed if the motors are run backwards. Can machines for one.
Small machines are made to show which phase is which. When it counts, Masters take place and the journey men step back.
Martin Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

Shawn wrote:
The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= - Total Privacy via Encryption =---
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn
There are some devices which can be damaged by reversed phase sequence -- *immediately* damaged, not "if you run it that way for ten minutes".
So -- there are devices to check phase sequence to make sure that you have it connected right *before* you turn on the switch.
Enjoy, DoN.
Reply to
DoN. Nichols
Just a little update on the cold saw. The owner of it told me that he took apart the pump and found out that the filter was clogged. Unclogging it took care of the problem, at least for now.
Ignoramus27711
WhooHoo!
--Winston
Reply to