Pictures -- bought a baby cold saw, Brobo Super 250

The motor is 1 kW, there is a coolant pump on it, it is rather dirty.

Reply to
Ignoramus11196

Nice looking saw. It isn't one of the ones which has incredibly expensive blades, though, is it? I had a summer job at a place with a saw which looked like that (perhaps a bit bigger though), and the blades were almost £100 each. And that was over 10 years ago!

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

I think that the blades are pricey, but last a long time and can be resharpened relatively inexpensively. This saw has 10" blades. McMaster sells two different kinds of 10" blades, which I do not know would fit or not, for $74.50.

Reply to
Ignoramus11196

You can buy the blades from many dealers.

I buy mine from

The requirements are O.D., the center hole diameter, and the location and size of the drive holes. Tooth pitch is very important. If you use a coarse tooth blade on thin wall tube, it will rip the teeth off. I set up a 12" cold saw at school. It is an older machine made in Italy. It costs about $20 to get the blades sharpened, as long as you don't blow a tooth. If you blow a tooth, they have to grind the whole blade down in diameter.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Good website. The blades are not even very expensive.

I would say, cutting pipe and tubing will be my main use of this saw. The blade is 250mm. So... Would it make sense to use a 220 tooth blade?

Reply to
Ignoramus21406

Your saw is smaller than I thought. The one I used to use probably had a

16" blade. I don't know if the company I worked for used to re-sharpen the blades. I just remember that a blade was noticeably dulled by cutting continuously for a 7-hour day. But that's probably a lot more cutting than you'll be doing.

Those saws are nice machines. Vastly superior to an abrasive chop saw.

Best wishes,

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy