cold saw features - update

I searched for a cold saw recently, and also asked a lot of questions. One of the questions I asked was "do cold saws come with nice vernier angular plates so you can do miter cuts with more precision". I was told no, they don't. The first few I looked at didn't, but the one I hauled home today sure does. The turntable is maybe 20" in diameter, the angular measuring is clean and crisp, and the vernier plate is about five inches wide, with 20 gradations on it, which means you can achieve 1/10th of a degree precision in either direction. It's made by Kaltenbach, and oh, man is this one going to be a project. I drove nearly 800 miles since Friday pulling a utility trailer to get the cold saw and also (different trip) a 3-phase transformer home.

Man, I sure hope it works.

Grant Erwin Kirkland, Washington

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Oh! You got something nice! Didn't know about the vernier.

Have fun with your cold saw. Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

You know it will work, you just hope its not too much work to make it work!

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend