Shear Pin Impact Loading (Knuckle Joint)

Hi

I have a situation in which there is a brass pin placed in a knuckle joint. Its a 10mm dia pin subjected to two shear areas (as is usually the case of a knuckle joint). I have performed static shear tests and the shear strength of the component has been found to be 300 MPa.

I need to find an empirical formula that characterises the pin shear behaviour in an Impact loading using the results of the already performed static strength test. (w/o performing any impact testing or if inavitable then what should be the method of testing).

The case for the impact loading is just the breakage/shear criterion.

Moreover while simulating the static/impact analysis in ANSYS 5.7 what would be the mehtod to interpret the shear results graphically.

Thanks

RJ Khan

Reply to
rjkhan