Synchronous motor questions

I did not mention in my previous post that the stepper motors I have on hand are SLO-SYN, a type of six-wire stepper motor
that is also designed to be used as a synchronous motor. Unfortunately, the tech support guy I talked to had never heard of running a synchronous motor at anything other than 60 Hz. So, has anyone here played with synchronous motors at varying speeds? If I could build a circuit that can produce two sine waves 90 degrees out of phase, in theory I should be able to run the stepper/syncronous motor smoothly at any desired speed (up to some maximum). In practice is this true? Are there any pitfalls to driving a synchronous motor with an exceptionally low frequency sine wave?
--
Please reply to: | "Mundus Vult Decipi"
pciszek at panix dot com | ("The world wants to be deceived")