Thin film lubricatio

Good day

It has been about 35 years since my last lubrication and machine design class. I have been doing mainly heat transfer since. I was wondering what is the oil thickness required in a piston slidind up and down in a compressor housing? Essentually it would be distance between the ring and the cylinder wall, I was wondering what common design practice is these days? Thanks

Reply to
martin_bear