Use of Two-Resistor Thermal Model for Estimating Junction Temperature of an Electronic Component

Hi folks,
I have been using a simple single resistor (ThetaJA) model to estimate junction temperatures. I am now seeing quite a bit of information
coming out on using a two-resistor, ThetaJC and ThetaJB, thermal model. Do any of you have experience with this? I have been looking for a reference that actually works through a decent example (i.e. real component, real PCB, real ambient). Have any of you seen such a reference?
I do have board and ambient temperature data. Any experience with the accuracy of these predictions?
Thanks!