using shaft motors for cyclical stretching

I'm a Mech E student at University of Pittsburgh working on a bio-engineering project. I'm designing a device that would provide cyclic stretch to a silicone chamber. I have discovered shaft motors, and was wondering whether it would be possible to drive them in a way that would provide 1-5Hz cyclic stretching?

Reply to
ibt2

You could do that with any type of motor. You need to provide more details about the application: loading, displacement (i.e., stretch length), continuous or intermittent operation, space requirements, etc.

Reply to
ms
1 to 5 Hz is 60 to 300 rpm

take a look at variable speed gear motors from

MS's questions make a lot of sense. you need to think about the requirements before you run off chasing a solution to the wrong problem.

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207