Wind Turbo Newsgroup

< > Does 80% efficiency imply perpetual motion? < For wind turbines, yes.

What about 100% impulse gas turbines?

We need two things:

  1. someone to cite some reference where Betz specifically mentions nose cones to increase the circulation or wind speed and stator blading to feed a 100% impulse turbine, and,

  1. a reason why the wind turbine above would have an efficiency less than the 80% efficiency of the 100% impulse turbine in gas turbo.

Perhaps you believe extracting shaft energy from the kinetic energy of moving air is fundamentally different from extracting it from combustion gases.

Maybe you think using a nose cone to accelerate air is completely different from having stator blading nozzles accelerate a gas.

Perhaps you think air would "pile up" behind an impulse wind turbine but this effect would be negligible in the high speeds of gas turbo.

Until we get some answers then we need a wind turbo newsgroup.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

blading

*PLONK*

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Lynn

Which is exactly why we need a wind turbo newsgroup.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill