Latest threads in ⚙ Mechanical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

A kerosene-fueled X-33 as a single stage to orbit vehicle.
This is really actually a question in continuum mechanics sometimes called solid mechanics. In physics we sometimes idealize a body subject to forces as a point particle. Idealized this was, the...
9
9

geocities website moved
Dear All, I had some interactive computer programs and lecture notes on my geocities site which has now been closed (Yahoo! closed the free service). However, for now I have moved these to a new site...

compression strength of 1 inch aluminum tubing
How can I calculate the compression load factor for a 1 inch aluminum tube, 049-065 wall thickness
2
2

BoA-Merrill Lynch , their lawyers and the Judge, questions for the DoJ and the Congress
Lawyers and Bankers here in the USA are sometimes very much in "cahoots" with Legislators Sadly sometimes even with some Judge's chambers : take the case of Judge Rakoff in New York and in the Merrill...
1
1

Re: best physics simulation software?
crossposting to Carburetors are old hat, and can only take you so far. Fuel injection is superior for both economy and power. David A. Smith

Blowdon Receiver Size Methods
Boiler Blowdown Tank Volume Estimation: Who has a hard and fast rules on boiler blowdown receiver sizing ? We manufacture a range of Blowdown receivers and supply then to a broad spectrum of...

Face-to-face dimensions for Flanged globe-style control valves - ansi 2500# class
Hi everyone, I am sizing a control valve for a BFW application and its ANSI class came up 2500#. My control valve sizing handbook does not present me with the standard face-to-face dimensions for 2''...
4
4

Air receiver Volumes - Calculator (pressure vessel for air) - size for system
Over the years I've heard so many rules of thumb, its interesting to find this excerpt from the Carbon Trust suggests the following.. The size of an air receiver will depend on the amount of...

openings for Sr. System & Performance Engineer
hello friend, a goog openings in a good company...... skills * Knowledge in use of SIMULINK /MATLAB / MATHCAD * mathematical analysis/dynamic simulation * BE in Mechanical Engineering Total 4 to 8...

entropy question
what is the entropy of grey goo? Is it high or low?
5
5

Cheaper Than Yo Yoma's Cello

8 full positions for doctoral candidates
The International Research Training Group "Non-linearities and upscaling in porous media" (NUPUS) of the Universities Stuttgart, Bergen, Delft, Eindhoven, Utrecht and Wageningen is offering 8 full...

Pressurized chasis tubes / bike frames?
Was there not an experimental bike frame built that was highly pressurized (nitrogen) to increase its rigidity? I know they do this with helicopter rotor blades, as a crack-detection method, and the...
4
4

Losses in Steam Lines
Dear all, I=92m looking to find the approximate heat/steam losses in steam lines. I want to justify the instalation of lagging/insulation. =95 I know the diameters of the various lines and the...
1
1

Which size drill for helicoil taps?
Hi NG, I finally (I'm in Grenada) found some metric helicoil sets for 6, 8 and 10 mm bolts. What I still need to know is: what size drill should I use for each ? Anyone? Thanks for your time. Len.
3
3