Losses in Steam Lines

Dear all,

I=92m looking to find the approximate heat/steam losses in steam lines. I want to justify the instalation of lagging/insulation.

=95 I know the diameters of the various lines and the lengths. =95 I know my steam temperature (175 degC) and pressure (9 Bar). =95 I know the average monthly wind speed and ambient temperatures.

How can I work this out=85 is there a formula?

Thanks loads.

Alka

Reply to
Shay

Study up "radial heat transfer" in any Engineering Heat Transfer book used for nechanical engineering.

Reply to
4p1e