please suggest me the losses in feed steam piping

Hello This is Manish Sharma from India. I am a POWER ENGINEER. Presently I am working in a 3x25mw waste heat recovery power plant in a major steel company. I am responsible to check the planned steam piping losses of our power plant.My steam piping length is 1.1km (plus expansion loops) and my requirement at the CSEV of turbine is 64ata & 480deg C .The boiler outlet pressure is 67kg/sq. cm (abs.) The flow of steam is 125tonnes/hr

Please suggest me the:

1.Pipe sizing 2.Pressure losses and temperature losses. 3.material of pipe.

Thanks & Regards

Manish Sharma

If you need more data on this subject please send your requirement i will send them.

Reply to
manish power engineer

Manish,

This is a newsgroup of metalworkers. Some of us are engineers of various types, but none of us are willing to do your calculations for you. That's your job. Good luck.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And possibly was one of ours until recently....

Reply to
Rick

Reply to
Robert Swinney

========================= This is a serious calculation and most likely will (or should) require certification by the responsible engineer with prints/plans/specs "under seal."

Given the large sums of money involved and the potential risk of injury/death, you should contact a registered/certified/licensed (in India) engineer or engineering firm.

Good luck on your project [or home work assignment]

Unka George (George McDuffee) ============================= When you give power to an executive you do not know who will be filling that position when the time of crisis comes.

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961), U.S. author. "Notes on the Next War: A Serious Topical Letter," in Esquire (New York, Sept. 1935; repr. in By-Line Ernest Hemingway, ed. by William White, 1967).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Should we ask exactly where this is located, so we can be sure to stay away from it! HP steam burns can ruin your whole day...

Reply to
David R Brooks

If he's a POWER ENGINEER he oughta be able to do the calcs.; but then we have sanitation engineers, domestic engineers, locomotive engineers. And then there are Professional Engineers.

I'll do the calculations for you. Just send me an authorized purchase order with detail drawings and I'll quote you a price. (Just following the old adage: If you can't lick 'em, join 'em).

Wolfgang

David R Brooks wrote:

Reply to
wfhabicher
12"

12BAR and 40C

HTS

Do your own homework.

Reply to
jw

======================= Excuse the Howard Cosell .......

In addition to local registration/licensure, your engineer of record will have to be familiar with the local steam codes. In the US the steam boiler and piping standard agency is the SME or Society of Manufacturing Engineers, with many state and local extensions/upgrades to their basic requirements. It is highly doubtful the SME/local codes will meet Indian requirements in all particulars.

Material specifications will also be different.

try

George (George McDuffee) ============================= When you give power to an executive you do not know who will be filling that position when the time of crisis comes.

Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961), U.S. author. "Notes on the Next War: A Serious Topical Letter," in Esquire (New York, Sept. 1935; repr. in By-Line Ernest Hemingway, ed. by William White, 1967).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

He's asking at sci.engr.mech. today (9/2)...

Reply to