ferritic and martensitic steels

Can a steel be ferritic AND martensitic at the same time?
Are martensitic steels a sub class of ferritic steeel or are a totally
different family?
A research made on crack initiation and growth in martensitic steels is
useful for ferritic steel as well or not?
Thank you
Reply to
massimo58
Carroll Smith's "Engineer to Win" ..... how to engineer race cars that win and don't break.
Metallurgy for the race car enthusiast.... not the perfectionistic engineer or scientist.
Less than $25.00 and worth every penney to a businessman.
Reply to
jbuch
Not a bad choice, I might go for Materials for engineering
or
Materials science and Engineering by WD Callister, but it is a text book.

Depending on why you are looking, you may struggle to answer you question on fatigue data.
Reply to
David Deuchar
At my university, we used "Materials science and engineering - an introduction" by William D. Callister. Excellent and easy to read book. Don't be scared by the title :-)
BTW: I noticed that somebody else already has recommended this book to you.
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards Martin Jørgensen
Reply to
Martin Jørgensen

Site Timeline