Ingot Molds High Temperature ASTM A 319

Dear All,
Since longtime I am looking for, to find out a solution for a mold in
order to use as a permanent mold for casting high temperature alloys
1450-1550 °C.
Therefore I am thinking to use similar materials as used for ingot casting
in steel foundries. In my ASM handbook "Casting)" dated more than 15 years
mentions ASTM A319 grade cast iron material used mainly for ingot molds
manufacturing which have a reasonable lifetime for me.
Is there any other alternative materials to make permanent molds having
enough yield against high temperature, thermal shock and fatigues, used to
manufacture eg ladle, tundish, ingot molds etc..
Any comments, advise and experience would be helpful for me.
Regards
Pierre
Reply to
mkson
I agree with David Deuchar. I am seeing lately a lot on interest in SG iron molds as compared to flake graphite iron molds. Perhaps the additional strength and availability of better technologies has helped SG replace grey iron castings.
David Deuchar wrote:
Reply to
arunmrao

Site Timeline