metal that will not fatigue after repeated bending?

Is there a particular type of metal that one could make a thin wire of, and subject to repeated bending without it breaking as easily as
something like a coat hanger?

John:
Well of course there is. What automotive application calls for wire to resists lots of load cycles? Engine valve springs. So, go look up this article from Kobe in Japan on The past and future of high-strength steel for valve springs: http://www.kobelco.co.jp/english/ktr/pdf/ktr_26/021-025.pdf
P.S. You may need to set Acrobat reader to view Japanese text.
Pittsburgh Pete
DISCLAIMER
We do not believe what we write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for topical (external) use only. This information may not be worth any more than either a groundhog turd, or what you paid for it (nothing). The author may not even have been either sane or sober when he wrote it down. Do not worry, be happy.
On Nov 18, 4:39pm, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Ah, sorry. Should have been more specific, as I was looking for it to be pliable. Solder would be exactly what I want only not prone to breaking.

Ah, sorry. Should have been more specific, as I was looking for it to be pliable. Solder would be exactly what I want only not prone to breaking.
I think you would need a part made of several pieces i.e a wire rope, or equivalent.
john doe wrote:

Gooseneck? If you're unfamiliar, try mcmaster.com and search for gooseneck. It's not a material, but I think it does what you describe.
--
Dave
dvt at psu dot edu

Yes, it should function like gooseneck, but they don't make gooseneck that is super thin (<1mm) do they?
john doe wrote:

Not that I'm aware of. You might look into the tools they use for catheters in medical systems. I don't have any idea what material they use, and I don't know if it's suitable for your application.
--
Dave
dvt at psu dot edu