metal that will not fatigue after repeated bending?

Is there a particular type of metal that one could make a thin wire
of, and subject to repeated bending without it breaking as easily as
something like a coat hanger?
Reply to
john doe
John:
Well of course there is. What automotive application calls for wire to resists lots of load cycles? Engine valve springs. So, go look up this article from Kobe in Japan on =93The past and future of high-strength steel for valve springs=94:

P.S. You may need to set Acrobat reader to view Japanese text.
Pittsburgh Pete
DISCLAIMER
We do not believe what we write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for topical (external) use only. This information may not be worth any more than either a groundhog turd, or what you paid for it (nothing). The author may not even have been either sane or sober when he wrote it down. Do not worry, be happy.
Reply to
metalengr
Ah, sorry. Should have been more specific, as I was looking for it to be pliable. Solder would be exactly what I want only not prone to breaking.
Reply to
john doe
springs?:
Ah, sorry. Should have been more specific, as I was looking for it to be pliable. Solder would be exactly what I want only not prone to breaking.
I think you would need a part made of several pieces i.e a wire rope, or equivalent.
Reply to
deu
springs?:
Gooseneck? If you're unfamiliar, try mcmaster.com and search for gooseneck. It's not a material, but I think it does what you describe.
Reply to
dvt
>> Gooseneck? If you're unfamiliar, try mcmaster.com and search for >> gooseneck. It's not a material, but I think it does what you describe. > Yes, it should function like gooseneck, but they don't make gooseneck > that is super thin (
Reply to
dvt

Site Timeline