NDT?

Would anyone know how NDT inspection can be done for the critical size of indication (flaw of size) of 1/2 inches in length by .025 inches in depth. The NDT spec must be automated and it is a high volume (5000 parts / lot) inspection system in 4340 Steel. Currently they are using Mag Particle Inspection (MPI). The reason we are doing this is becuase the system is not automated and human interpretation is involved. So basically we are trying to minimize human interpretation.

Thanks in Advance,

SBP

Reply to
SBP