Re: What is the best metal for making robots?

Plasteel?
Old SNL fake commercial

As a red
> person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob
> at least you have a gun to protect yourself.
I don't need a gun to protect myself from Smurfs.
Reply to
Paul Calman
Off the cuff, I would say titanium.. Light, strong, wonderful stuff. The Russians use a lot of it in submarines..
Reply to
HLS

Gunner
Gunner
Priceless! Another for my bookmark file.
Should make my events sounds a little more interesting.
Thanks, Gunner!
Reply to
Johan
A friend of mine...a rather high up mucka muck in Boeing Engineering...has the sound of a Cat diesel starting and warming up as his start up sound on his laptop. I understand its gotten some priceless fits of hysterical laughter from entire rooms full of engineers all across the planet. It goes on until all the apps are loaded..then fades out. He claims its one hell of an icebreaker as he goes to visit vendors and sites.
Gunner
Lathe Dementia. Recognized as one of the major sub-strains of the all-consuming virus, Packratitis. Usual symptoms easily recognized and normally is contracted for life. Can be very contagious. michael
Reply to
Gunner
"Jack Idler" wrote in news:dU_Ud.5414 $ snipped-for-privacy@read2.cgocable.net:
The problem with manurium alloys is that they cut like shit.
Dan
Reply to
Dan Murphy
The choice of metal really depends on what sort of behaviours you are seeking from the robot.
If you are looking for a robot that has strength, durability, and is easily controlled by logic then use maleluminem
If you prefer something which is unpredicticle, irrational, breaks down on a whim, but can fight like a banshee once a month, then use femaleluminem
David - who is hoping like crazy that only guy welders read this group
Reply to
quietguy
Well, yes, you have it quite right.
Maleluminem and femaleluminem have different properties and have to be used appropriately.
I knew a guy who used femaleluminem for an on-site fabrication and ended-up paying the contractor megabucks for the consequences.
A case of what-you-don't-see is gonna stick it to ya!
Mark
Reply to
mark_tarka
Brack! Particularly high maint.
Gunner
Lathe Dementia. Recognized as one of the major sub-strains of the all-consuming virus, Packratitis. Usual symptoms easily recognized and normally is contracted for life. Can be very contagious. michael
Reply to
Gunner

Site Timeline