Re: What is the best metal for making robots?

Plasteel?
Old SNL fake commercial http://snltranscripts.jt.org/95/95foldglory.phtml
>As a red

I don't need a gun to protect myself from Smurfs.
--
Paul Calman, Hathaway Pines, California

Off the cuff, I would say titanium.. Light, strong, wonderful stuff. The Russians use a lot of it in submarines..

Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering KABOOM!

http://www.gargaro.com/MaRvInWaVs/boom.wav
http://www.gargaro.com/marvinsounds.html
<G>
Gunner

Priceless! Another for my bookmark file.
Should make my events sounds a little more interesting.
Thanks, Gunner!

A friend of mine...a rather high up mucka muck in Boeing Engineering...has the sound of a Cat diesel starting and warming up as his start up sound on his laptop. I understand its gotten some priceless fits of hysterical laughter from entire rooms full of engineers all across the planet. <G> It goes on until all the apps are loaded..then fades out. He claims its one hell of an icebreaker as he goes to visit vendors and sites.
Gunner
Lathe Dementia. Recognized as one of the major sub-strains of the all-consuming virus, Packratitis. Usual symptoms easily recognized and normally is contracted for life. Can be very contagious. michael

Will they have friggin laser beams attached to their heads?
--
Paul Calman, Hathaway Pines, California

Paul Calman wrote:

They will be million tonne robots powered by an Orion Drive.
--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
I have been watching this thread a while. The answer is monetary gold. Lots of it.
Bill

The problem with manurium alloys is that they cut like shit.
Dan

Finally...... :)
The choice of metal really depends on what sort of behaviours you are seeking from the robot.
If you are looking for a robot that has strength, durability, and is easily controlled by logic then use maleluminem
If you prefer something which is unpredicticle, irrational, breaks down on a whim, but can fight like a banshee once a month, then use femaleluminem
David - who is hoping like crazy that only guy welders read this group
quietguy wrote:

down
group
Well, yes, you have it quite right.
Maleluminem and femaleluminem have different properties and have to be used appropriately.
I knew a guy who used femaleluminem for an on-site fabrication and ended-up paying the contractor megabucks for the consequences.
A case of what-you-don't-see is gonna stick it to ya!
Mark
mark snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

And when using femaleluminem, avoid the Doraluminem alloy at all costs.

Brack! Particularly high maint.