Stripping silver from copper

I'm currently looking to find an alternative way for removing silver, from copper. During an industrial metallizing process, some copper-targets gradually
become silver filled. In one way or another we have to clean those targets every second day, so that they doesn't block up. Currently those are sandblasted, but as the targets are rather expensive it would be nice to avoid the sandblasting (as the copper it self is sandblasted too).
Is there any way to strip off or deplate the silver, without damaging the copper?
--
Kind regards
Thomas Demant,

Thomas:
There may be some ways to electrolytically strip silver. Some Googling revealed some patents and that Technic seems to have something. See: http://www.technic.com/chm/etch.htm and ask them if their Envirostrip Ag will work on copper.
Pittsburgh Pete
DISCLAIMER
We do not believe what we write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for topical (external) use only. This information may not be worth any more than either a groundhog turd, or what you paid for it (nothing). The author may not even have been either sane or sober when he wrote it down. Do not worry, be happy.

reverse current in hot NaCN solution.

Oh... I would like to avoid cyanides too. Forgot to mention. However - None of us are familiar with cyanides and our facilities aren't geared to handle such chemicals. But thanks for the reply anyway.
Best regards Thomas Demant

its really not a big deal. you shouldn't panic. you'd need some minor exhaust ventilation and the ability to batch treat any wastewater with bleach at an alkaline pH to a measurable ORP. you'd collect the Ag as AgCl as a recoverable sludge, and discharge salt water. Personal protective equipment needed would be rubber/neoprene gloves. that's it.
right. and you'd also need a small amount of rectified DC power.
be careful about proprietary strippers. they could be some pretty funky chemistry (read that: dangerous) too.

Thanks. I'm going having a closer look on that one to see if it's possible to use cyanides.

Must be the reason their're shipped along with an MSDS :-)
--
Best regards
Thomas Demant, Denmark

Sounds strange and slow, if working at all. However, thank you for your input.
--
Thomas Demant, Denmark