Stripping silver from copper

I'm currently looking to find an alternative way for removing silver, from
copper.
During an industrial metallizing process, some copper-targets gradually
become silver filled. In one way or another we have to clean those targets
every second day, so that they doesn't block up.
Currently those are sandblasted, but as the targets are rather expensive it
would be nice to avoid the sandblasting (as the copper it self is
sandblasted too).
Is there any way to strip off or deplate the silver, without damaging the
copper?
Reply to
Thomas Demant
Thomas:
There may be some ways to electrolytically strip silver. Some Googling revealed some patents and that Technic seems to have something. See:
ask them if their Envirostrip Ag will work on copper.
Pittsburgh Pete
DISCLAIMER
We do not believe what we write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for topical (external) use only. This information may not be worth any more than either a groundhog turd, or what you paid for it (nothing). The author may not even have been either sane or sober when he wrote it down. Do not worry, be happy.
Reply to
metalengr

reverse current in hot NaCN solution.
Reply to
beavith
"beavith" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
Oh... I would like to avoid cyanides too. Forgot to mention. However - None of us are familiar with cyanides and our facilities aren't geared to handle such chemicals. But thanks for the reply anyway.
Best regards Thomas Demant
Reply to
Thomas Demant
its really not a big deal. you shouldn't panic. you'd need some minor exhaust ventilation and the ability to batch treat any wastewater with bleach at an alkaline pH to a measurable ORP. you'd collect the Ag as AgCl as a recoverable sludge, and discharge salt water. Personal protective equipment needed would be rubber/neoprene gloves. that's it.
right. and you'd also need a small amount of rectified DC power.
be careful about proprietary strippers. they could be some pretty funky chemistry (read that: dangerous) too.
Reply to
beavith
Have a look at the process outlined at:
You won't need anything more than water and a current source. Arnold
Reply to
Arnold Beland
Sounds strange and slow, if working at all. However, thank you for your input.
Reply to
Thomas Demant
Thanks. I'm going having a closer look on that one to see if it's possible to use cyanides.
Must be the reason their're shipped along with an MSDS :-)
Reply to
Thomas Demant