Help on choosing suitable stainless steel

Hi.
In the current project I'm dealing with water which has the following specifications (supplied by the client) -
PCW Closed Loop On-Going
         RCP pH         8-11 Conductivity    microS/cm    <4000 Total Hardness    ppm CaCO3    <50 Calcium Hardness    ppm CaCO3 Nitrite    ppm NO2    600- 650 Bacteria Count    unit/ml    <10e+4 TTA         >25 Temperature - 12.7C
There're parts of my design which are going to be dipped in water permanently so I have to use stainless steel in order to avoid corrosion. My considerations are long life service, cost and the fact that under no circumstances should the manufactured part contaminate the water in any way since it is a cleanroom process. As far as I know the 300 series we serve me well, such as 303, 304, 316, I'm just having a hard time choosing the a suitable type which answers my demands.
Thanks
Add pictures here
✖
On May 7, 2:55 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I would use the 303 only if the required machinablity of the part justified it.
The stainless steel groups regardless of specific alloy choice requires do care during fabrication to prevent iron (from carbon tool steels) contamination. Solution alloy treatment after welding (if possible), passification using nitric acid (or other oxidizing acid to remove free iron particles), and argon sheilding inside pipes for welding are fabrication steps often missed.
Stainless steels are suscepitble to pitting and crevice corrosion occuring from iron metal contamination.
Ed
Add pictures here
✖
On May 7, 1:55 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Your water analysis is missing the chloride content. Since it is one of the important factors controlling selection of a stainless steel to resist crevice corrosion, I cannot tell you whether 304 will be acceptable or if you will need 316. Typically 304 will work to about 50 ppm, and 316 to 250 ppm.
There is a detailed 20 page reference booklet on “Fabricating stainless steels for the water industry” that you can get for free from the Nickel Institute. It is Nickel Development Institute publication No 11026. See Appendix C. You might also want to look at some of the other references shown in this publication.
Go to: www.nidi.org On the top of the page is a box labeled “Nickel & Its Uses”. Click on it. On the right side of the page is a column with a box labeled “Technical Literature. Click on it. Change the search box under Technical Literature Locator to be by Catalogue No., and put in 11026. Then you can download the book. (You may have to register if this is the first time at the site).
Stainless steels also are discussed on the Corrosion doctors web site. Rouging is discussed at: http://www.corrosion-doctors.org/MatSelect/rouging.htm
Pittsburgh Pete
DISCLAIMER
We do not believe what we write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for topical (external) use only. This information may not be worth any more than either a groundhog turd, or what you paid for it (nothing). The author may not even have been either sane or sober when he wrote it down. Do not worry, be happy.
Add pictures here
✖