3 phase ground fault interupter

I need advise and source for 440v 3 ph GFI. It will use 30 amps for a very short duration, a few cycles in a heating/welding application. I know nothing, and web has been next to useless. Any help would be appreciated

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Jim Stewart

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

Steve, can you describe in some more detail how that is set up? In a residential setting, does it interrupt all 3 lines even for a fault on a

220V single phase circuit? Or are most of them just 220V single phase GFI's? How about a 380V circuit? What sort of actual 3 phase appliances do you find in a home there?

I have read some about 3 phase GFI's for entire building distribution systems, that deal more with fire prevention than low-current faults that are a shock hazard but not a fire starter. Trip currents way up in A not mA. Just curious.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Powell