3 phase ground fault interupter

I need advise and source for 440v 3 ph GFI. It will use 30 amps for a very
short duration, a few cycles in a heating/welding application. I know
nothing, and web has been next to useless. Any help would be appreciated
Reply to
Tom Gardner

Jim Stewart
They are everywhere in Germany. Every house has 3 phase and current code requires GFI. If you need one, let me know and I'll pick one up. Steve
> I need advise and source for 440v 3 ph GFI. It will use 30 amps for a very > short duration, a few cycles in a heating/welding application. I know > nothing, and web has been next to useless. Any help would be appreciated > > -- >
Reply to
Steve Lusardi
Steve, can you describe in some more detail how that is set up? In a residential setting, does it interrupt all 3 lines even for a fault on a 220V single phase circuit? Or are most of them just 220V single phase GFI's? How about a 380V circuit? What sort of actual 3 phase appliances do you find in a home there?
I have read some about 3 phase GFI's for entire building distribution systems, that deal more with fire prevention than low-current faults that are a shock hazard but not a fire starter. Trip currents way up in A not mA. Just curious.
Bob
Reply to
Bob Powell