303 DOESN'T WORK HARDEN !!!

wrote:

Basic fishing licenses go for $41 here, but 'only' $27 after you're 70. Pioneer licenses are $6 if you've been an Oregon native for 50 years.
--
When a quiet man is moved to passion, it seems the very earth will shake.
-- Stephanie Barron
wrote:
Also, since I turned 70 today, I'm expecting it to start going away soon. So far, I don't detect any substantial differences. But it must be coming.
Keep that in mind if I respond to technical questions in the future. <g>
-- Ed Huntress
Happy 70th Ed.
Best Regards Tom.
http://www.avg.com

Thanks much, Tom.
--
Ed Huntress

On 4/14/2018 3:16 PM, Bob La Londe wrote: > 303 Stainless Doesn't Work Harden!!! ... or does it??? > > https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/machinable-stainless-for-car-trim.68771/
> > > LOL. I give up. > >
If anybody visits that forum thread. I did not make that last public post that appears to be from me. Somebody at Hobby Machinist made that post after they had already banned me. Then they blocked my IP address. I assume so I would not see what they had done. I didn't even know about it until one of my friends called me to ask me about it. I posted about being banned here on 4/15/18 at 12:23pm. That last public post impersonating me is dated April 16th 2018.
On 4/15/2018 12:23 PM, Bob La Londe wrote: > www.pennstainless.com/stainless-grades/300-series-stainless-steel/303-stainless-steel/
> > > These guys manufacture and sell 303 stainless. Under the processing tab > it says, "Will work harden, therefore, it should be machined at reduced > surface feet per minute and heavier feeds to prevent glazing at the tool > interface." > > I found a half dozen more sources that agree. All say its the "most" > machinable stainless, but they also say it can work harden. Reputable > sources like that one. > > Saying arbitrarily it doesn't work harden when it is documented that it > can may lead somebody into trouble. I don't doubt the Other Poster has > had little trouble machining 303. I don't recall having any trouble with > 303 either, but I also take the time to research the materials I work > with and not just do operations by rote. If you do it the way it worked > before it will usually work again, but what happens when it doesn't? > > FYI: The same sources (and others) do not say it is not weldable. They > say it can be tricky or difficult to weld. Some even offer some > suggestions or guidelines for weld processing. > > ******************************* > > Apparently that wasn't good enough. I got a PM calling me a non > contributing blowhard, that I wasn't going to get banned, but... and > then I got banned anyway. LOL. > > I guess being right just isn't good enough. LOL. > > Its Nelson's forum and he can run it anyway he wants I guess. > > Usenet is dead. Long live Usenet. LOL.

Jeez. What a bunch of dirtbags. That doesn't sound even remotely like you.
--
Ed Huntress

On 4/18/2018 9:10 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:

to that message - and mine to him .
[QUOTE="Nelson, post: 576957, member: 48598"]Bob,
I am sorry you feel this way. As it says in Rule 9 (below), the moderators are all volunteers, and they do their best.
I suggest that you cool down, take a deep breath, and put things into perspective instead of sending me messages.
**DO NOT CRITICIZE OR DEFAME THIS FORUM OR OTHER FORUMS:**
**9. You agree not to criticize or make any negative comments about this forum on this forum or on other forums. The staff are all volunteers. They do their best. If we see disparaging posts made by you, about us or our forum, here or elsewhere, your membership will be revoked. If you feel our rules are "touchy" or "overbearing," try another forum. Posting that you are "just putting up with us for the information" is not polite. Be polite or go elsewhere. These rules have made this forum what it is today, a popular place where people can interact without being made to feel bad about themselves. Please do not disparage or make any negative comments about other machinist forums on this forum. That is not part of this forum's activities.**
Let us please now return to machining![/QUOTE]
NOT POST THAT LAST MESSAGE - in fact he was unaware of it until someone else contacted him about it . You might want to clean your own house . Having conversed with him over several years on a variety of subjects , I believe him . If you feel you need to ban me too for disagreeing with your actions , so be it .
--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on
On 4/19/2018 6:48 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
You have been banned for the following reason: Rules violation: Defaming forum, public discussion of forum matters; disruptive behavior.
It'll be interesting to see if the prick bans me from the email lists he moderates . Wouldn't surprise me ...
--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on
On 4/19/2018 10:42 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:

it was dying , looks like now we know why . I don't expect it to live much longer with his heavy-handed attitude . Small loss ...
--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on
On 4/19/2018 8:47 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Looks like all of the unpleasantness has been removed. Sorry you got banned sticking up for me. Since he removed the nastiness I don't intend to post anything else publicly on the subject. If you are curious to know more contact me using the contact form privately at my website. www.cncmolds.com We can exchange emails or talk on the phone. Otherwise I intend to forget about it.
On 4/19/2018 4:09 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:

went there any more . There are so many other places to get what was offered , I won't miss it .
--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on
"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
On 4/18/2018 9:10 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:

That sucks ! In case you haven't seen it , here is Nelson's response to that message - and mine to him .
[...]
Nelson , I read Bob's posts in other forums , and he has said he DID NOT POST THAT LAST MESSAGE - in fact he was unaware of it until someone else contacted him about it . You might want to clean your own house . Having conversed with him over several years on a variety of subjects , I believe him . If you feel you need to ban me too for disagreeing with your actions , so be it .
--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Are you saying that you have seen the crime of identity theft on Usenet? If you or anyone has witnessed such crimes, please post examples, and we'll forward your evidence to the police, whose job it is to investigate criminal matters. In the event that you are confusing violations of nym registrations with identity theft, we will forward your evidence to the Nym Registration Compliance Office, which has the authority to cancel Usenet accounts and seize the computers of the violators.
"USENET HEAD OFFICE" wrote in message wrote:

Are you saying that you have seen the crime of identity theft on Usenet? If you or anyone has witnessed such crimes, please post examples, and we'll forward your evidence to the police, whose job it is to investigate criminal matters. In the event that you are confusing violations of nym registrations with identity theft, we will forward your evidence to the Nym Registration Compliance Office, which has the authority to cancel Usenet accounts and seize the computers of the violators.
That's hysterical. LOL-IRL