A Clear Explaination of Exposed Rods At Fukushima Number 4 Reactor

Here's a nice video from a former nuclear power executive explaining views of some of the aerial videos released from Fukushima. Here he details exposed rods at the number 4 reactor. I think his web site has more information on the other reactors, but I have not visited it yet. Headed there now.

Dave

Reply to
dav1936531

Wow, that's pretty scary! Those pictures from the camera on the concrete pump are the best I've seen so far, and as the guy says, that is a really dangerous situation. There may be several pools, with different stuff in different places. But, if that rack had been full of SPENT fuel, and is now empty of water and the fuel elements have been smashed by the crane coming down on it, it is an extremely dangerous situation.

What a colossal mess!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I use a free newserver to post. I use server: news.solani.org. This thread may not have propagated properly. I have had some problems with incomplete threading lately. But it's FREE....doh!!!

This is THE BIGGEST nuclear mess ever. There were over 600,000 spent fuel rods in the cooling pools above the reactors. Several of those pools are reported cracked and have lost cooling water as per the video.

Further, I believe they blew the containment cap off of reactor number three and are covering this fact up. Dave

Reply to
dav1936531

sorry to burst your paranoid bubble, but this is NOT chernobyl on steroids no matter what you say, the comparison of the mass of fuel rods to the mass of fissile material in BigBoy is meaningless and misleading both, and you do nobody any great service by foaming at the mouth over it - it is serious, it is even more serious to those that are close, but it will not explode in a thermonuclear event even if it all melts and all goes into one huge pool - it can contaminate a large area, but not like Chernobyl, and it can and probably will still kill someone or two, and it is a great wakeup call on the dangers of nuclear energy and why we really don't want it. but saying it's worse than it is will do no good, and it will in fact do harm.

Reply to
.

Oh....I am sorry. I didn't realize you had THE INSIDE SCOOP as to the true nature of the mess created at Fukushima.....particularly since officialdom in the matter seems to be hedging and releasing only very little real information with the intent to cover up the true magnitude of the accident.

Sure, no thermonuclear blast. Just a giant contamination of the food chain in the Pacific and farm land areas here in the US. No problem. Go back to sleep. Dave

Reply to
dav1936531

An excellent source of info on radiation and its risks/effects:

He is a nuclear plant health physics worker (professional babysitter).

Dave

Reply to
Dave__67