A funny story about mice

Trust me, there is some metal content to this. t's a holidayseason so what the heck. I worked at a sign shop in my teens and the place was very cleverly designed. Overhead trolleys and steel workbenches. Punch presses and all sorts of clamps and good tools. So we (I mostly) cut this aluminum extrusion and made signs that hang over most streets in the midwest and east coast of the US. The problem we had was mice and our donut habit. (we got the munchies alot) One of our side contracts was a bakery about 3 blocks away and it was my job in between sawyer, welder, and puncher to go to the bakery and beg for donuts. I got pretty good at it. We welded their donut racks and I would get a dozen, mostly glazed and hop back on moped and deliver. We never welded anything for them that I recall. We also never finished the donuts and the leftovers became mousechow. We never saw the mice but I am sure they saw us. We had this overhead trolley setup all thru the shop with chainfalls and hooks. We figgered after a long day of baked goods and being essentially baked ourselves that we could outsmart the mice by hanging the donuts 4 feet off the floor from a chain. The mice won. They musta been fat ass mice cuz those donuts were not for the faint of heart. I couldn't go to the donut store for awhile til they needed some welding work. Probly just as well. I was gettin fat and the mice had moved on.

Reply to
daniel peterman