About the "Hand Made Valves" Link

Joe wrote: !

With firefox it's quite easy with an extension.

Wayne.....

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

Thanks for the post, Jeff. I almost didn't read it, as I wasn't particularly interested in valves, but thought it *might* be about trumpet valves (you never know). Amazed to find out it was about British "valves". I'm a tube-head, so this was great!

BTW, does anybody know of a way to capture this video? I'd like to have my own copy for my files. I looked in my (Firefox) cache, and found a large file (~25 MB), but it disappears a few minutes into the video.

Joe

Jeff Burke wrote: Check out this craftsman !! The talent with the machine shop to boot.

It's a video of a guy making a triode valve in full manual mode.

Reply to
Joe

Thanks. That should come in handy in the future, and save me some skullduggery. I found a link to the mp4 file on the maker's web site

It's only 25 MB! For some reason, WinAmp won't show the video, it just plays the sound, but Quick Time plays it in Firefox, though it gives some warnings at startup

Joe.

Reply to
Joe

=========== If you like internet videos, check out MIRO. Not only is it a player but also offers a valuable "catalog" of available clips worldwide. click on

My windows 2k instalation is somewhat flakey, but Miro seems to work fine under Ubuntu Linux. [2 different programs].

I store to a USB WD "passport" harddrive and can access the stored videos from both w2k and Linux.

Only downside is that it is a big time waster and band width consumer.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

I was really let down when I found it it WASN'T about trumpet valves! Different stokes for different folks : )

LLB (instrument guy)

Reply to
LLBrown

HOLEEEEEY SHITTTTT! That was totally incredible! Obviously a complete pro at glassblowing, as comfortable with hot glass as I am with hot solder. The guy has more than a passing resemblence to me, although once you get a skinny guy with a full beard, they all look alike. What was the bit at the end, with the crank and pistons? Liquid air machine?

I alos note he runs the H/V milling machine with a suit jacket, which I surely don't so!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson