about the HF metal cutting saw

In answer to some query within the last two weeks, I mentioned a harbor freight metal cutting circular saw - it's on sale in the current catalog,
for $75, log number 8897, blades are $17 - it's on pg 19 of catalog 14b-1 . I've used this on automotive sheet metal, and on I beam material that was 1/2 to 3/8 thick, no problem, even cutting the I part where it was cutting through about 3 inches at once. I like this a lot better than an abrasive saw.
--
bill
to email me, to to my web page, www.wbnoble.com and find my email
William Noble wrote:

do the chips come off really hot?
I would consider just buying the blades. As long as a saw doesn't have plastic parts in the shroud area, any saw can use the blades (if they have standard mounting) and cut metal. 'Course, the front bearing my not be properly shielded for this, but I doubt the Chinese on is either. JR Dweller in the cellar