Abrasive wheel on miter saw

Mike Marlow wrote: ...

My point was intended more that after using it for metal-cutting extensively it wouldn't be much good for precision woodworking any longer...

The metal-cutting chop saw isn't Al and after the years of use it has, if it were built like the miter saw it might still suffice for a chop saw but it certainly wouldn't be an accurate miter saw...

But it gets farm repair use, not just the rare cut one light piece of metal that a strictly woodshop saw might get...but I don't think the miter saw would have held up even to some of the work the chop saw has done in its life...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

RoyJ

replying to Ned Simmons, Lulu wrote: Hi, I've done it tons of times, for heavier metals, no problem whatsoever and my saw still runs like a new.

Reply to
Lulu