Acid

What could I do with 50 gallons of HYDROCHLORIC acid-20 Deg.? It,s free if I go get it. No, I don't have a swimming pool.

wws

Reply to
wstiefer

you could hold onto it for years until you finally don't need it, then have to find out how to get rid of it.

fun uses:

de-galvanize steel. This part is useful if you weld.

etch/whiten concrete

burn holes in clothing

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Do you have a bath, though?

Ignoramus30307

? your exclamation is upside down!

see?

Bad thought, I think cookers use it to make meth.

Didn't call soon enough, missed it.

wws

Reply to
wstiefer

Read Saddam's memoirs.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Bricklayers use it to wash down a new brick job--(cleans mortar stains)

Reply to
Jerry Wass

I would not get a barrel of acid, but I use hydrochloric acid to remove rust from iron and remove concrete spatter. Works well.

Ignoramus12775

The chemically unchallenged might correct me but it seems you could combine it with other constituents and precipitate out some common table salt, NaCL.

wws

Reply to
Robert Swinney

List it for sale on Ebay, local pickup only.

Drink it to give yourself heartburn.

Use it as an antacid neutralizer.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And a heck of a lot of work to do such. Compared to buying bags of salt.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

with other

It will be damn hard to make it precipatte. It'l just be salt water. Have to evaporate it to get salt.

On the other hand it is great to get rid of mill scale on hot rolled. I've been doing a lot of that before milling peices. That scale is murder on a cutter. ...lew...

Reply to
Lew Hartswick