Adding vibration to lathe cutting tool to aid cutting

Major Oops! I'm thinking "He's lucky he was a manager."

Reply to
Larry Jaques

[That place] was truly a country club, which is great unless you're a caddy.

For another reason not to use the part, see 2.1 Latent Failures:

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I don't know about employment tests, but I remember one ad in one of the industrial electronics magazines (back in the late 1960s or early 1970s) for a company who wanted to take over your electronics assembly work. They did not get one of the girls off the line. They either went out and got the boss's secretary or some other particularly attractive lady -- or hired a model.

She put on the lab coat, sat at the bench, and picked up the soldering iron to pose for the photo. It was one of those Ungar ones with a ceramic heating element past the cork insulated grip on the Bakelite handle. She was holding it *by* the ceramic eating element.

Based on her expression in the photo, it was not plugged in. :-) (And, based on the color of the heating element, it had *never* been plugged in.)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols