Weak transmission on a Cat T150D 15k forklift

I have two cat t150d forklifts. one is great, another is not so great, it has a weak transmission. with a load on the forks, this forklift
cannot go over relatively minor obstacles. What could be a typical troubleshooting procedure for this, what sorts of things typiucally go wrong. thanks a lot
On 6/10/2014 4:50 PM, Ignoramus32376 wrote:

I presume the 2sp auto? If so, they're basically like an automotive auto tran; the primary thing that causes the symptom is seals are kaput.
Outside chance if you haven't the filter could be clogged or a crimped line or low on fluid but I'd presume you've already checked for those obvious faults.

On 6/10/2014 5:50 PM, Ignoramus32376 wrote:

I'v e got an Otis with a weak trany. My forklift guy is keeping an eye out for a used one because he says it isn't worth it to repair it and there's no easy fix. Might be the same situation for you.
Ignoramus32376 wrote:

Some dufus probably put the wrong oil in it. It should take ATF fluid.
John