Weak transmission on a Cat T150D 15k forklift

I have two cat t150d forklifts. one is great, another is not so great, it has a weak transmission. with a load on the forks, this forklift cannot go over relatively minor obstacles. What could be a typical troubleshooting procedure for this, what sorts of things typiucally go wrong. thanks a lot

Reply to
Ignoramus32376

I presume the 2sp auto? If so, they're basically like an automotive auto tran; the primary thing that causes the symptom is seals are kaput.

Outside chance if you haven't the filter could be clogged or a crimped line or low on fluid but I'd presume you've already checked for those obvious faults.

Reply to
dpb

I'v e got an Otis with a weak trany. My forklift guy is keeping an eye out for a used one because he says it isn't worth it to repair it and there's no easy fix. Might be the same situation for you.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Some dufus probably put the wrong oil in it. It should take ATF fluid.

John

Reply to
John