Advanced Machining

"Evidence of Advanced Machining In Ancient Egypt"

Reply to
Cliff

The only thing remarkable about this article is how ridiculously UN-scientific it is. Basically he says these things look hard to make, so it means the ancient Egyptians must have used secret maching techniques we did not know they had (like diamond bits). He does not even consult professional stone masons to ask what is possible or impossible with ancient tools. Is he even aware that you can make a nearly perfect partial cylindrical surface by just rubbing two stones together with abrasive inbetween? The compound curves he keeps mentioning are just multiple cylindrical surfaces. The Romans made them too.

Reply to
anorton

A reference text "Origin (ation?) of Accurate Surfaces" comes to mind, written by the guys who make precise granite machine ways up North, Connecticut or Maine. Also the more recent Complexity theories by believers who basically state, "The universe is so complicated that I can't understand it, and even though I haven't asked anybody else about it, there must therefore be a God." They should all sing the song below. :)

Doug

"Consult! Consult! Consult! Don't leave anybody out!" (Mexican Hat Dance)

Reply to
The Dougster

Copper tools like the Egyptians had are still used to cut hard stone:

Likewise soft brass tubing will drill through hard glass.

It's funny how people who reject (can't comprehend?) modern views are so gullibly accepting of alternatives. I just read a description of the mysterious top-secret Nazi/UFO "bell" device and realized that it was probably a vacuum arc furnace with the voltage increased to generate powerful X-rays, and peddled as a Death Ray.

There is a special sacred angle slightly more than 26 degrees that appears in the Pyramids and is claimed to have deep astronomical significance. It's actually a rise of 1 in a run of 2.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Jim, Thanks for the thoughts on the "Bell" I am always curious to solve these little "mysteries" Here is a link for the curious. Well one of many links, anyway.

This brings up the "Fly Trap" Do you have any speculation about that? Take a look at this link... Zoom out and look where it is...
It always amuses me how many "secrets" can be easily explained with a little research, and careful thought.

Reply to
Cross-Slide

stone:

But careful thought and logic won't sell the latest re-write of my book :-)

John B. Slocomb (johnbslocombatgmaildotcom)

Reply to
John B. Slocomb

Could be an early free-field site for EMC testing. (No budget for a rotating 'Device Under Test' table?) :)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

And alabaster is so soft, you can basically whittle it away with a knife. He makes out like it some incredibly hard rock. It's chemically the same as gypsum. Needs to go back and take a geology course. I'm sure a copper tube, sand and water would make short work of putting a hole in that stuff. And would give those circular marks he's spasming about. Don't need a diamond-tipped core drill to do that. Which is why the old-timers used it for architectural adornments, was cheap and easy to work.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

"Red Granite Obelisk at Luxor Temple, Egypt"

Reply to
Cliff

tp://

That looks like the test site to measure the effect of gamma radiation on plants.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

stone:

On a side note while reviewing Die Glocke..I found this....fascinating!

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch