Alternative lifestyles (machine)

Can anybody think of some uses for an unwanted, but operational trash compactor? After a good sterilization a fruit press for wines is about the only thing I can come up with. Hate to throw the thing out but it doesn't really save that much space on my garbage and I have unlimited curbside pickup, so space isn't an issue anyhow. Hate to add it to my scrap iron collection for the next trip to the scrap yard, but it just doesn't seem to be earning its keep here. I inherited the thing...

Reply to
Joe

I was about to say "clean it up and make a wine press", then I read your second sentence. A trash compactor has a nice reversible motor, usually some cogged pulleys, and a piece of acme thread rod, along with a matching nut.

Reply to
Gary Brady

I would just use it for aluminum cans.

Reply to
Dave Lyon

Make a work compartment with a drain, and use it to squish the excess used oil out of used oil filters Cuts down on the recycling quantity.

Make a work compartment with mating dies and a drain, and you can squeeze 3 or 4 oranges (halved) at a time. Production juicer.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

can crusher

Reply to
daniel peterman

Bruce sez:

"> Make a work compartment with mating dies and a drain, and you can

Pretty cool, Bruce ! Now figure out how to make some other dies for an ice crusher. Then, a liquid injector .. e.g. -- automatic screw driver machine.

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

I came to the same conclusion and took mine to the St. Vincent de Paul store.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

;-) can crusher ;-) Just had to say it.

Martin Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot"s Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

Joe wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

scavenge the parts to attach to a platform to raise/lower a tv from a cabinet or a bed footboard.

regards, charlie

charlie