BATF flop

While I can't substantiate the veracity of this post, still it's real funny. And if true, could be a real boost for the good guys (us). I don't have (didn't try to
obtain) permission so the author for now will remain anonymous.
steve

numerous reloads in the same van while launching. One of the J350s

As Mr. Foreman would say on "That 70's Show", "Eric you D*MB*SS".

funny. And if true,

obtain)
J350s
targets?
through last week.

launching
not blow up, it

better.

If Steve Bloom issues a FORMAL apology to me in email for all the crappy shit he has said about me, libelous shit, then I will post the few facts that have leaked public against the will of the CLASSIFIED program.

ok Steve appopogizes. Now tell us.
wrote:

Phil Stein

Yes. Chicken you guys will try to fuck up somethig good we have in process right now.
And not care.
And being in some other state, not be affected very much.

Urban Legends confirm what we already believe. This smells like an urban legend. The story confirms everything we've ever thought about the BATFE.
Of course, every once in a while, an urban legend may be based in fact.
One can only hope, and in hoping, hope that no one was hurt.
Perhaps we should send this to the various Urban Legend verification pages to see what they can make of it. If you want to spread an urban legend, that's a good place to start, especially if it will be difficult to either prove or disprove.
Zooty
While it does sound too good to be true, I've heard that it comes from a very reliable source who is apparently in a position to know.
I'd give just about anything to see a video of this "testing" turn up on "America's Funniest Home Videos" or "Stupid Behavior Caught On Tape".
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (RayDunakin) wrote in

I also heard that this information comes from a "very reliable source." I've also heard that line in a few urban legends too.
This information was told word-of-mouth to me about five weeks ago, and I gave my word (as did everyone else that was present) not to post any information about this online. I don't know who or where the information came from either, but apparently the person "inside" wishes to remain anonymous because of his or her possition.
I should add the other information that I heard that wasn't in the original post. Apparently the van that they were using was a rental van (this might be useful information for an investigation). Also, the rail that was purchased to launch from the van was too long, so it had to be cut to fit into the van, further adding to launch instability.
If anyone recalls the research company hired for this project, they have a rather bad record don't they?
--
To contact me, replace NOSPAM with hotmail.

http://www.againsttcpa.com
ATFE Conducts Tests To "Prove" High Power Rockets Are Dangerous To Commercial Aircraft (November 5, 2003)
at http://www.space-rockets.com/arsanews#atfe :
--
The ATFE and its contractor, Applied Research Associates, have been
purchasing high power rocket motors, rocket kits, launch rails,

Don't post actual facts. The pointless speculation was amusing coming from typical trolls!
[facts snipped of course]
>click<
And off to Snopes.com it goes.....
RM
zoot wrote:

The entire story (from the alleged purchases on) has always smelled of urban legend to me.
I did, however, hear from a very reliable source that the FAA is looking into the possibility that Frozen Chickens, fired from a black powder canon, could bring down a 777. I heard this from a friend of a cousin who knows a truck driver that works on a delivery route next to a farm where the farmer who gets paid $100 per chicken by the Government. But it's a reliable source. I can't give you any more details.
zoot wrote:

--
Alex Mericas

Alex Mericas wrote:

Perhaps these are the same chickens used to test bird strikes on Fighter aircraft canopies.
http://www.snopes.com/science/cannon.htm
If it can break an F-16 canopy when frozen, what logical reason would there be that a frozen chicken couldn't bring down a 747. ;-)

--

Chuck Rudy

VooDoo Digital Productions
T'is true, they do really fire chickens into the engines to simualte a bird getting sucked into the intake. I've seen test videos on the disovery channel. This is a standard test that is performed on all turbofan engines.

what do the animal rights activists have to say about that?
- iz
Brian McDermott wrote:

urban
into
could
truck
who gets

can't
Ask them after they leave the exit nozzle. ;)
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed wrote:

The chickens are already dead. It should be no different to the animal people than eating a chicken dinner. I guess we know now where McDonald's gets their McNuggets from.

http://www.kuponh.karoo.net/laughingstock/p1cookie.htm
--
Mike KD7PVT
NAR #70953 - Sr/HPR Level-1 ~ SeaNAR - The Seattle NAR Section #568