As the keeper of that which is released only once per annum...

Good thing, too...

"At this festive time Mr. Scrooge said the gentleman taking up a pen. It is more than usually desirable that we should make some slight provision for the poor and destitue of RMR, who suffer greatly at the present time. Many thousands are in want of common necessaries such as balsa, Fill-N-Finish, and sandpaper; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts such as motors, hybrid ground support equipment, and ignitors that actually ignite..."

THE RMR ROCKET CAROLS!!!

**** Bob Wiersbe's Stuff *****

Well, it's holiday time, so here's the annual posting of Rocket Carols

for you to sing (or whatever) at your holiday parties. May your fins go on

straight, your motors not cato, and your chutes always unfurl.

Happy Holidays!

Bob Wiersbe

Void where prohibited. Not responsible for any similarities whether real or implied. Intended as humor, not to be taken internally. All authors will remain anonymous. Enjoy!

E15's Are Coming to Town (to the tune of Santa Claus is...)

Oh, you'd better not launch, Better not try, Better not prep, I'm telling you why. E15s are coming to town!

Going up in the air, They'll likely go boom. Thirty-plus feet, Better give'em some room. E15s are coming to town!

They know when they've been heat-soaked, They know when they've been froze, They know when they've been stamped with "X", So never use one of those!

Oh, you'd better not launch, Better not try, Better not prep, I'm telling you why. E15s are coming to town!

To the tune of "Please Come Home for Christmas"

"Another year comes by.. I'm back and I'm Flyin' I look in the catalogue, I'm bored and I'm cryin'...

Re-issue for Christmas, Please re-do for Christmas... If not for Christmas- By NAR-AM time!

Archive visitations, and some re-creations, Sure as the stars shine above.. But this is Christmas, Christmas my dear... A time to build, the very kits we loved!

I don't want no silent night... Just `Snooper' and `Lander' To put in flight... Re-issue for Christmas, Please re-do for Christmas.. If not for Christmas, By NAR-AM time!"

Folly of DRI (to the tune of Jolly old Saint Nicholas)

Folly of the DRI, listen what I say! When you launch 800 pounds, stay out of the way. Build it out of concrete forms, oak beams for support, Cram huge motors in the rear, an O at last report. Use a J to pop the chutes, see the payload fly! Whoops the chutes got tangled up, now it's going to die! All the pieces you will find, strewn across the sand; All those bucks are down the drain, let's give them a hand!

Hark, the Heavy Rocket Pranged! (to the tune of Hark the Herald Angels Sing)

Hark, the heavy rocket pranged! Missed my car, well, I'll be danged! Parts on earth and in the sky, Just look at the owner cry! Quickly all ye people rise, Run for cover, shade your eyes! Let us all with one accord, Give to him the prang award! Hark, the heavy rocket pranged! Missed my car, well, I'll be danged!

Catos We Have Heard On High (my personal favorite) (to the tune of Angels We Have Heard On High)

Catos we have heard on high, Loudly sounding oer the plains. Must have been an FSI, Let's go try to find remains.

Glor---or----ious! What a mid-air Cato! Glor---or----ious! What a mid-air Cato!

Yes, he used an E60, Staged it to a D18! Guess I'll try a C5-3, Catos like you've never seen!

Glor---or----ious! What a mid-air Cato! Glor---or----ious! Please just one more Cato!

Silver Streaks (to the tune of Silver Bells)

Heavy rockets, cluster rockets, In a Kankakee field. In the air there's the smell of perchlorate. People prepping, people loading, By the launch pad they kneel, And with ev'ry new launch you will hear:

Silver Streaks, Silver Streaks, Let's start a fire in the country. Golly-durn! See it burn! Firemen are on the way!

There's a brush fire, yes a grass fire And it's out of control, As the fliers rush back to their pickups. Hear the flame crack, get the kids back, Water buckets aren't full, And above all this bustle you hear:

Silver Streaks, Silver Streaks, Let's start a fire in the country. Golly-durn! See it burn! Firemen are on the way!

***** Added by Ted Cochran, Xmas 2000 *****

See the motor, Streaking sideways, Burning range in its wake, In the air there's the wail of sirens.

Fifty pumpers are responding from all over the state. Soon it will be Headline News!

[refrain]

--tc

My opinions only.

***** End Ted *****

Mars Lander (to the tune of White Christmas)

I'm dreaming of a Mars Lander, Just like the one I used to own. When I got the itchin', I didn't listen, and I never should have flown.

I'm dreaming of a Mars Lander, The one I landed in the trees. Now I'm asking Estes, oh please! Someday would you re-release it, please?

T-Shirt Song (to the tune of "Christmas Song" you know, "Chestnuts roasting..")

T-shirts offered up on R.M.R, Jerry branching out in clothes. You'll find out just how gullible you are, And Jerry stoops to brand new lows.

Everybody knows a T-shirt isn't hard to make, Get some cotton and some dye. Just more proof that Jerry is a fake, And what he says is just a lie.

When he has the cash he goes away, He's off and plotting schemes to try another day. And every customer is gonna try, To keep from kissing their hard earned cash good-bye.

And so I'm offering this simple phrase, To kids from one to ninety two. Although it's been said many times, many ways, Jerry Irvine, Screwed You!

***** End Wiersbe *****

***** From Bunny's Archive *****

Ok, I'm just the pack rat here. All the real credit goes to Bob W...... = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Rocket Flight (to the tune Silent Night)

Rocket Flight! Awesome Sight! Flame so long, Flame so bright! 'Round the launching pads, smothered in cloud, Thrust the motors, burning so loud! Rise into the blue sky! Rise into the blue sky.

Rocket Flight! Awesome Sight! Launch crews gaze, at the sight! K550's in Magnums to race, Side by side, all heading for space! Trailing smoke in the sky! Trailing smoke in the sky.

It Came Upon A Day So Clear (to the tune of It Came Upon A Midnight Clear)

It came upon a day so clear, that glorious flight of old, With aircraft circling near the earth, we had the launch to hold: But now it leaves, good time to send the rockets away on the wing, The range in rocket exhaust did lay, and heard the motors ring.

Down through the cloudless skies they come, with peaceful chutes unfurled; And still the many rockets float, above the weary world: Above the pads and waiting range, they hang on hovering string, And ever oer the timers head, the rockets gently swing.

We Wish You Would Go Away (tto: We Wish You A Merry Christmas)

We wish you would go away, we wish you would go away, we wish you would go away, and leave us alone! Get out of our lives, and take your dumb bin, We don't need a license, or the BATF!

Now bring us some thermalite, Now bring us some thermalite, Now bring us some thermalite, Now bring us some here!

We won't go until we get some, We won't go until we get some, We won't go until we get some, So bring us some here!

We all like our thermalite, We all like our thermalite, We all like our thermalite, So bring us some here!

We wish you would go away, we wish you would go away, we wish you would go away, and leave us alone! Get out of our lives, and take your dumb bin, We don't need a license, or the BATF!

Away in a Desert.

Away in a desert, no shade for our head With lots of large rockets for launching instead The sun in the bright sky looks down where we play It makes us so thirsty and heats up the day.

There's no need for mowing, the hot sun just bakes But we'll keep on launching until our head aches The rockets are flying for miles in the sky And landing downrange in the desert so dry.

A rainstorm is coming, it's time to shut down And pack up our rockets to head into town We'd better get moving and get out of here Let's go in to Bruno's and have us a beer.

Reply to
hiltyt

A while back I deposited these all at

so you can enjoy them year-round. Just the thing in case you ever encounter Christmas in July.

BTW, I think there's a couple duplicates in the post...

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Once a year's probably enough Bob, wouldn't you agree?

Oh that I don't doubt, but you can never have enough of a great thing, now can you?

Have you been subjected to the "rudolph radio" stream yet? Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer 6.02x10^23 different ways?

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

I miss Bob.

Randy

<randyolb

I actually got an email from him today.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Got a second note from BobW. He does still follow RMR and said to say HI to all his old friends. He's also looking for a copy of one of his "missing" carols, the one about FSI to the tune of American Pie. If any one has it, please either post it here, or email it to me, and I'll get it back to Bob.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow