Anodised aluminium extrusion+painting

Hi all, Can anyone tell me whether it is possible/feasible to paint over aluminium that is clear anodised? I would very much like to paint with 2 pack ( polyester I think ) some draw pulls that are in the form of lengths of 45mm by 25 mm aluminium extrusions. The existing finish is what I assume to be a clear anodised coat, as it was described as anodised finish in the catalouge. Is there a need for some type of pre-treatment, or adhesion coating before the paint finish?( appart from the normal undercoat used in the 2 pack process). Thanks for any guidence on the subject.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

I never had a problem painting anodized aluminum. Paint seemed to wet and flow out nicely and adhere well.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Just clean off the oils and you'll be fine. Anodizing produces a fine scale rough finish which is nice for painting on.

-- Yeppie, Bush is such an idiot that He usually outwits everybody else. How dumb!

Reply to
Bob May