any value or use in a key cutter?

I posted earlier about the Benchmaster Key Cutter, Mocel MH2.

I didn't get many responses, leading me to assume there isn't much value anymore in such a machine.

Is there any value, or is there a way to convert this machine to another use?

Cus

Well for one thing you've not even stated what kind of key cutter it is. As in key for locks, internal keyway cutter, etc. The brand and model number means nothing to me so unless you give more info and or pics I'm in the dark.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

I have a customer who has a couple key machines he uses. He doesn't need another but might interested in having a spare. Can you e-mail me a picture? Or maybe e-mail me your phone number so I can learn more about it. Eric

Reply to
Eric R Snow

In article , t wrote: :I posted earlier about the Benchmaster Key Cutter, Mocel MH2. : :I didn't get many responses, leading me to assume there isn't much value :anymore in such a machine. : :Is there any value, or is there a way to convert this machine to another :use?

You'd probably find more interest over in alt.locksmithing .

Reply to
Robert Nichols

i'm a locksmith, it's not that kind of key cutter, it's a machining tool, similar to a mill.

i doubt it, as it is not that kind of key cutter. it is similar to a mill.

As I stated we need a picture to even know what kind of machine you have. Is it a portable mill for cutting key ways on shafts, or is it a key seater for cutting internal key ways in bores? Till you give us more to work on we don't have a clue.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

So it's a broaching tool, then?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

This is like pulling teeth!

Reply to
Rex B

I am a locksmith also.

I did a goggle search for benchmaster key cutter and also the model # but could not find any information.

Perhaps a picture or a better description will help.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Does it look like these?

jw

Reply to
jim.wilkins

Now that would be a fun little toy with some value....Maybe I should have jumped on it for 10 bucks while people still thought it was a lock-key cutting machine :)

Koz

Reply to
Koz

However difficult, it is going to be necessary for you to post a picture or much better description of this machine.

From what little I gather, it might be a special purpose machine to cut keyways, a special purpose milling machine.... and is not, thus, either a broach or a keyseater.

If it is capable of milling, table size, collet type, etc. will be necessary.

Thus far, you have announced that you have a really weird whatzit, "anybody wanna buy it?" No wonder that you don't have a line of purchasers dying to stuff money in your hands.....

Reply to
Gene Kearns

Thanks for the reply Roger,

I'll see about a pic, maybe it will help everyone. I did a Google search as well, didn't come up with much. This is something I am doing for a widow, so everyone have a little patience with me.

not quite. seemed to have the motor mounted on top, shaft was horizontal. i didn't see anything to set the speed, but i didn't take a close look initially, it was late in the day so i just wrote down the model and brand. apparently that wasn't enough. it doesn't appear to have any support like the third one, just a single shaft.

i'll stop by again soon and get pics.

well, it is not necessarily being offered for purchase just yet. i am trying to see if it has value, and if so how much i can get for the widow. true, it does appear to be a weird whatzit.

pic following eventually.

Fair enough.

Please don't post it here, this isn't a binaries group. If you don't have a webserver, email it to me and I'll post a link for you.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz