anybody weld 416r stainless steel?

I have a customer who wants an assembly made from 416r welded.
Everything I can find says not to weld it. Has anybody here done it?
and with good results? The part will be heat treated after welding.
Thanks,
Eric R Snow
Reply to
Eric R Snow
I would Try Asking in sci.engr.joining.welding
Someone there should be able to help you out
Reply to
Alan
"Eric R Snow" kirjoitti viestissä news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
416R is not generally recommended for welding as porosity results where sulfur (or selenium) is introduced
T:Jarno
Reply to
jeppe
416R ?
What is it about that alloy that is so necessary. Why not a 17-4 PH or a 430, which are weldable?
Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler