Atlas craftsman model101 27430

Might be a Logan Lathe.

Search for Logan Lathe - web and they support them.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Terry Coombs

replying to Martin Eastburn, tony robles wrote: checked logan and so far nothing,my welder friend was swamped yesterday,should get a chance at it today,in the mean time i'll keep at it.thanks again

Reply to
tony robles

Not likely. The Craftsman (Sears Roebuck) lathes were made by Atlas. (And Atlas joined with Causing, so look for parts under the Clausing name.)

The Logan lathes were sold by another big store chain, whose name I *should* remember, but can't at the moment -- likely until just after I hit "send". :-)

And, of course, there were also the Craftsman "109" series lathes, made by AA and a lot more fragile.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Montgomery Ward, known to Sears employees as "Monkey Warts."

Reply to
Ed Huntress

replying to DoN. Nichols, tony robles wrote: thanks for the input,apparently only the quick change on the 12 inch matches up that I noticed and to get one you basicly need to buy the whole quick change unit for 4 or 500 bucks or pay 295 for the quadrant alone

Reply to
tony robles

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

replying to Jim Wilkins, tony robles wrote: got it repaired appears to be holding up fine,thanks for all the input

Reply to
tony robles

So tell us how, for the next person's problem.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

replying to Jim Wilkins, tony robles wrote: he grinded it down a little made sure he got it good an hot when he welded it ,apparently it was welded before but no depth and it separated,if by chance it doesn't hold I will post it but it looks like he did a nice job.thanks again

Reply to
tony robles