Atlas lathe and other info CDs

This was from a posting on the Atlas 618 Yahoo discussion group. This is a link to a company selling this and other machine operating manuals and other info.

I haven't purchased these or have any connection to the company.

Earle Rich Mont Vernon, NH

Reply to
ERich10983

||This was from a posting on the Atlas 618 Yahoo discussion group. This is a link ||to a company selling this and other machine operating manuals and other info. || ||I haven't purchased these or have any connection to the company. || ||

Most of that is available for download in various places. I've been accumulating the Atlas stuff myself. The Southbend book is the only unique thing, I've only seen a hardcopy, but they are cheap from Lindsey and other sources. Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
rex

Clausing still sells the "Lathe Operation..." book and can provide most of the manuals for the 12" Atlas/Craftsman lathe accessory manuals as well at pretty reasonable prices. It's a shame that some "entrepreneurs" see fit to market something that is still available from the original manufacturer. And even sadder that there are buyers for these products, at least those that are only interested in saving a few bucks.

Reply to
Mike Henry

And a very useful book it is -- more useful, for the hobbyist, than South Bend's _How to Run a Lathe_.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress