Bandsaw tires source

I have an old Craftsman (made by King-Seely) bandsaw which I converted to metal working by means of a counter shaft arrangement. It is a three-wheel saw. The wheels are 6" in diameter and the tire width is 3/4". I need replacement tires. I've looked (google, etc.) but can't find any source of rubber/polyurethane/what-not flat belting to use as tires or bandsaw tires that small. Anybody know of a source?

Boris

Reply to
Boris Beizer

These folks might be able to help:

They dont list 6" tires, but if you call them they might be able to manufacture them for you. Polyurethane, I believe.

And this place lists a pair of rubber tires for $29.95. Since you need a pair and a half you might have to dicker with them some:

LP

ITry

Also I have a friend that does his own. He used approx. 1/8 rubber glued down with weather strip cement with either a butt joint or a scarf joint. At the lower speed it should work just fine and be much cheaper.

Chuck P.

Reply to
MOP CAP

also

patrick mitchel

Boris,

I use this stuff to repair bandsaw wheel tires. Works great, and lasts long.

The downside is you need a special tool to weld the ends. It's really not much more than a soldering iron with a flat copper element, and a spring loaded widget that slams the two melted ends together after the blade is pulled out.

Mark

three-wheel

Reply to
MM

These folks will make up urethane belts to order. Prices are good with a low minimum order...

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

This outfit makes tires

plus just about every kind of bandsaw accessory you could think of.

Randy

R. O'Brian